Monday, March 18, 2013

Wikipedia hits the media today

Recently I made a post in FB about the FB fake free gifts and useless shares and junks...
I suggested in my post to refer to Google-search and Wiki-search regarding any doubtful information. I also highlighted Wiki-search as it does intra-wiki search and is a trusted search domain.

Being one of my trusted domain Wikipedia is always doing a service and not a business. More important point to be noted is that Wikipedia does not charge us for serving us the data. It runs the site with donations. One basic feature of Wikipedia is the User Contribution to the page. Whenever a user contributes to a page, the edit will be analyzed and then be approved by Wiki approval team. There are some pages on which Wiki puts a lock, on which no user can share their contribution/stories.

Coming to the point why I had to talk about Wiki now b’cos Faking News shared a Wikipedia page which has funny information about the Indian Cricketer Ravindra_Jadeja.

I cross-checked the same too and wtf it is true that some Spammer has spammed Wiki-page for short-time fun.

Wiki team has found the spam and reverted it within minutes. But as per the saying "The company is liable for employee’s faults".

Hope Wiki will strict the user contribution approval, and take some action on the spammers.

No comments:

Post a Comment