Monday, March 18, 2013

No one can hurt you without your consent

I still remember the quote given by one of my lecturers during my final year Diploma Engineering.
He came as a fresher to teach us in our final year and almost the entire class were not listening him. We used to make comments on him/his lecture from behind and will not even obey him when he tells us something. It’s our feeling that he is not much elder to us (also me & my friends did HSLC and joined Diploma), and why would we listen to a young fresher (we’re in final year yaar).

Now coming back to the lecture that he gave. I don’t know pretty much why he gave us a special lecture as we have not given him proper respect nor listened him ever. But that day’s speech impressed me and I still remember few of his advices today. The talk was about motivation and moral stories.

And the statement I liked the most is: 

Remember “No one can hurt you without your consent”.
Example given by him: If somebody gives you a book and if you do not need it, then you’ll not get that. It then remains with them or belongs to them. Similarly if somebody scolds you or speaks false about you, don’t ever take that in you, which means that it automatically belongs to them. May it sounds cowardly by not replying him with a bang. But I liked the way it is (atleast at certain circumstances)..

No comments:

Post a Comment